) today announced mobile and cloud-based updates to its product portfolio for nonprofits. Additionally, Blackbaud received recognition from InformationWeek and the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce for technology innovation.
“With the ongoing market shift to SaaS, online fundraising and mobile solutions, we will continue to ensure nonprofits are equipped with the technology and services they need to fulfill their missions,” said Tony Boor, Blackbaud’s interim chief executive officer and chief financial officer. “This includes key investments in our people, processes and products to enhance our offerings and deliver results.”
Other products and services enhancements include:
- Products and Services:
- The Raiser’s Edge Event app for iPad ® was recently released to help nonprofits improve onsite event management; The Raiser’s Edge mobile app is now optimized for the iPad and Android OS 4.2.
- Upgrades were made to Luminate Online Marketing ™ to further optimize TeamRaiser ® pages for PCs and mobile devices, as well as improve management of constituents’ relationships via the administrative interface by automating segmentation with the survey tool.
- The latest release and future releases of Luminate CRM ™ are being deployed through push updates vs. manual upgrades, allowing clients to get value from releases faster with less effort. The release also features improvements to batch gift entry and Luminate Online Marketing integration.
- Blackbaud Online Express ™ is now available for organizations using The Raiser’s Edge ® with basic fundraising and online marketing needs. Featuring mobile-friendly, easy-to-build online donation forms and email marketing templates designed for nonprofits, Blackbaud Online Express is integrated with The Raiser’s Edge and works with the most commonly used website management tools, including Drupal and Joomla.
- The latest release of eTapestry ® provides nonprofits in the United States and Canada a better view of their data, helps them save time with smarter and quicker data entry, and also features Microsoft ® Outlook 2010 SP1/Outlook 2013 integration and enriched do-it-yourself online fundraising forms.
- The latest release of Blackbaud NetCommunity ™ delivers enhancements to profile image management and email preferences; it also includes new mobile-friendly email templates, a new field to designate a custom error page and more.
- Blackbaud MobilePay ™ was recently released for nonprofits in the Unites States using Blackbaud Merchant Services, making it easier for staff to accept mobile payments on the go.
- Research and resources:
- Analytics: Research Lists have been added to ResearchPoint ™ to provide organizations more control over prospect data to ensure targeted, strategic fundraising efforts. Additional feature upgrades and updates include new data tiles in the prospecting database results grid, enhanced advanced search, new data sources for prospecting search and an information library to help users better organize and navigate saved queries.
- Finance and Accounting: The new version of The Financial Edge ™ includes enhancements to business rules and accounts receivable reporting, updates to the requisition approval process and compatibility with Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2008 Express, Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012 and Windows ® 8.
- Education: The Education Edge™ has been updated to support compatibility with Microsoft ® SQL Server ® 2012, Internet Explorer ® 10 and Windows ® 8, and now features better medical field security.
- Arts and Culture: Recent Altru® releases include feature updates to merchandise and reporting, including new batch entry options for updating inventory, a physical count worksheet to manage inventory and report enhancements for merchandise inventory, sales, total revenue and payments. Additional new enhancements include daily sales notifications and the ability to apply discounted tickets to memberships, as well as create specific acknowledgement emails for online orders.
- Services: Blackbaud’s Data Insights, a business intelligence solution, recently launched to help nonprofits access actionable insights from their databases. The tool allows for easy access to see trends across channels, platforms and programs in a quick visual manner.
- Training: More than 300 people are now certified via the recently-launched Blackbaud Certification in The Raiser’s Edge (bCRE) program. bCRE is designed to offer nonprofit professionals an opportunity to validate Raiser’s Edge competencies and join an elite community of certified users.
For more information about Blackbaud solutions and services, visit
Serving the nonprofit and education sectors for 30 years, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) combines technology and expertise to help organizations achieve their missions. Blackbaud works with more than 29,000 customers in over 60 countries that support higher education, healthcare, human services, arts and culture, faith, the environment, independent K-12 education, animal welfare and other charitable causes. The company offers a full spectrum of cloud-based and on-premise software solutions and related services for organizations of all sizes including:
constituent relationship management
and vertical-specific solutions. Using Blackbaud technology, these organizations raise more than $100 billion each year. Recognized as a top company by Forbes, InformationWeek, and Software Magazine and honored by Best Places to Work, Blackbaud is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina and has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks related to our dividend policy and share repurchase program, including potential limitations on our ability to grow and the possibility that we might discontinue payment of dividends; risks relating to restrictions imposed by the credit facility; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC's website at
or upon request from Blackbaud's investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.