Eaton Vance Announces Upcoming Retirement Of Judith A. Saryan, CFA, And Changes To Eaton Vance Dividend Fund Portolio Teams
BOSTON, Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eaton Vance Corp. (NYSE: EV) announced today that Judith A. Saryan, CFA, Vice President of Eaton Vance Management (EVM) and a portfolio manager in EVM's equity group, will retire from the Eaton Vance organization on December 20, 2013. In connection with her retirement, the portfolio managers of the below-listed Eaton Vance dividend income funds ("Funds") are changing:
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund (NYSE: EVT)
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend Income Fund (NYSE: ETG)
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend Opportunities Fund (NYSE: ETO)
- Eaton Vance Global Dividend Income Fund (Class A: EDIAX, Class C: EDICX, Class I: EDIIX, Class R: EDIRX)
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Dividend Income Fund (Class A: EADIX, Class B: EBDIX, Class C: ECDIX, Class I: EIDIX)
Effective today, the portfolio management teams of the Funds now include new managers Michael A. Allison, CFA, and Walter A. Row III, CFA, CMT, and continuing manager John H. Croft, CFA. Ms. Saryan will continue serving as a portfolio manager of the Funds until her retirement from Eaton Vance. Aamer Khan, CFA, formerly a member of the Funds' portfolio management teams, will focus on other investment responsibilities in EVM's equity group. Messrs. Allison, Croft, Khan and Row are Vice Presidents of EVM and Messrs. Allison, Croft and Row also co-manage other Eaton Vance funds. Mr. Row will serve as President of EVT, ETG and ETO, which are closed-end funds.
Charles B. Gaffney, Vice President and Director of Equity Research at EVM, becomes sole portfolio manager of Dividend Builder Portfolio, the master portfolio in which Eaton Vance Dividend Builder Fund (Class A: EVTMX, Class B: EMTMX, Class C: ECTMX, Class I: EIUTX) invests. Ms. Saryan and Mr. Gaffney formerly co-managed Dividend Builder Portfolio.
Ms. Saryan joined EVM as an equity analyst and portfolio manager in 1999. She received numerous performance awards during her tenure as manager of Eaton Vance Utilities Fund, predecessor to Eaton Vance Dividend Builder Fund. As leader of EVM's dividend income group, Ms. Saryan was instrumental in launching Eaton Vance's family of dividend income funds in the early 2000s.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts