Trade-Ideas: Apollo Global Management (APO) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- APO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.9 million.
- APO has traded 76,191 shares today.
- APO is up 3% today.
- APO was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APO: Apollo Global Management, LLC is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to pension and endowment funds, institutional investors, individual investors, pooled investment vehicles, and corporations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 13.1%. APO has a PE ratio of 7.1. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Apollo Global Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Apollo Global Management has been 971,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Apollo Global Management has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 73.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apollo Global Management as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has increased by 114.51% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in APO do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.95 versus -$4.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.41 versus $1.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 132.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $82.79 million to $192.52 million.
- 48.75% is the gross profit margin for APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT LLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.00% is above that of the industry average.
- APO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 58.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Apollo Global Management Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.