Nov. 21, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) today announced the general availability of Tableau 8.1, an update to its 8.0 major release introduced in
. Tableau 8.1 delivers new features for the enterprise, sophisticated analytics, and more interactivity on the web and for mobile devices. It also provides users with rich analytics by integrating with the open source statistics program, R.
"Tableau 8.1 delivers many features and enhancements that our customers have been asking for," said
, Chief Development Officer and co-founder of Tableau Software. "We are focused on making analytics fast, easy and beautiful, whether you're an individual user or deploying analytics to the entire enterprise."
Tableau unveiled features of 8.1 at the Tableau Customer Conference in
in September. Customers were able to sign up for the beta and have these things to say about the update:
- "With this many new features, I would expect Tableau to call this a major release," said Tim Reilly, Manager, Data Science at Constant Contact. "With the new R integration I can now add R's vast library of analytical functions to custom visualizations."
- "My overall impression of 8.1 is great," said Joe Svec, Principal Systems Analyst at ACT. "With the 64 bit support, my existing dashboards update much faster than before."
- "I've been reviewing Tableau 8.1 and I was very pleased with a couple of new features," said Xavier Petit, Manager in Strategic Marketing for Life Sciences at Thomson Reuters. "In particular, presentation refinements such as the quick filter formatting, the transparency of the floating legends on dashboards and the new presentation mode. They add in clarity to my visualizations and give that extra polish which matters equally."
- "I joined the Tableau 8.1 beta when it was announced at TCC that R integration would be part of the update," said Andrew Thacker, Data Analyst at UK-based Sepura. "My jaw hit the floor when that was revealed."
New Tableau 8.1 features include:
- Enterprise class: Tableau supports mission critical deployments with a full 64-bit product suite, SAML authentication, support for external load balancers, IPv6 support and much more.
- Fast, easy, beautiful: Building beautiful dashboards is easier than ever with new quick filter customizations, transparency support, an improved presentation mode and the ability to copy sheets between workbooks.
- Sophisticated analytics: Now every business user can leverage statistical depth with one-click box-and-whisker plots, forecasts with confidence intervals, new rank and percentile functions, and integration with R.
- Web and mobile interactivity: People can answer more questions on the go with an enhanced web authoring mode and improved mobile tablet apps, including a new version for Android that allows you to edit views on the fly.
- Seamless access to data: Connecting and transforming data is easier than ever with upgrades to data connectors and stored procedure support.
Learn more about Tableau 8.1 at
Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) helps people see and understand data. Tableau helps anyone quickly analyze, visualize and share information. More than 15,000 organizations get rapid results with Tableau in the office and on-the-go. And tens of thousands of people use Tableau Public to share data in their blogs and websites. See how Tableau can help you by downloading the free trial at
Tableau and Tableau Software are trademarks of Tableau Software, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
SOURCE Tableau Software