BUFFALO, N.Y., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Job loss is a major reason why homeowners fall behind on their mortgage loan payments. M&T Bank is the first financial institution in New York State and the second nationwide to take a proactive approach to aid some of their distressed and delinquent borrowers.
Recently, M&T became aware of a reemployment solutions company called NextJob, Inc., a nationwide firm designed to assist the unemployed with the improvement of their position in the workforce. M&T has been so impressed with NextJob's Homeowner Reemployment Program that it has decided, on a pilot basis, to introduce some of its borrowers to NextJob, which will offer to work with the borrowers and assist them in their job-search efforts. NextJob's services, which are further described below, will be offered at no cost to the borrowers.
"As a bank that is committed to the customers and communities we serve, our goal is to make home ownership viable whenever possible," says Mark Mendel, Customer Asset Management Senior Vice President.
Participants will work directly with a NextJob coach to:
- Develop and execute a detailed job search action plan
- Create an effective resume and cover letter designed to get the attention of hiring managers
- Analyze career direction options and identify skills that could transfer to another industry or field
- Discover and network to land "hidden" jobs that are open but never advertised
- Learn how to effectively use the latest in internet tools and techniques
- Prepare for interviews that, hopefully, help them land their next job
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV