Dyax Corp. (NASDAQ: DYAX) today announced five HAE Allies honorees chosen as the first to be recognized by the program for their contributions in supporting those with hereditary angioedema (HAE) to live life to the fullest. By drawing from the inspiring stories of individuals nationwide, the HAE Allies program hopes to underscore the value of support for those living with this potentially life-threatening condition, which is characterized by spontaneous episodes of edema, or swelling, in the face, feet, hands, throat and abdomen.
The honorees were selected by a multi-disciplinary council of HAE experts organized by Dyax, the developer and marketer of KALBITOR® (ecallantide) for the treatment of sudden attacks of HAE in patients 16 years of age and older. Ranging from health care providers to loved ones to community members working to educate the public about HAE, the 2013 honorees are:
- Douglas Jones, MD of Salt Lake City, Utah
- Barbara Mathews, RN of Frisco, Texas
- Justin Wright of Washington, Utah
- Ernie Seawright of Decatur, Georgia
- Chief Donald Sayre (retired) of Tarpon Springs, Florida
“The program received an impressive group of nominations, each of which illustrated how one person can truly make a difference in the life of another,” said Donna Davis, Assistant Vice President for Patient Services and Clinical Programs of the Hereditary Angioedema Association (HAEA) and HAE Allies council member.
At the launch of the program in May 2013, HAE patients across the country were asked to nominate people in their lives who provide the support which enables them to better manage their condition, to achieve their personal and professional goals, or cope with the unpredictability of HAE. The selection of the honorees coincided with the HAEA’s National Patient Summit, held in Orlando, Florida in September. In addition to a donation to the HAEA for every nomination submitted, grants will be made by Dyax in each honoree’s name to the HAE advocacy organization of their choice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV