EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey
November 21, 2013
mPower Technologies Inc. (
), the consumer products division of mPhase Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: XDSL), announced today new opportunities for distribution partners in the auto accessories category. Officially launched on
November 5, 2013
at the SEMA show, the mPower Jump It is an extremely powerful and portable car battery jump starter that's so small it fits in a glove box.
"The mPower Jump It is an exciting opportunity for auto accessories distributors and retailers," said
, President and CEO of mPhase Technologies. "It fits perfectly into the multi-billion dollar battery, safety and accessories categories - a simple value proposition, fulfilling a strong consumer demand, at a price point that virtually any family can afford."
The Jump It is powerful enough to jump 12V batteries, including large 8-cylinder vehicles. MSRP is
and first shipments to distribution will start
December 9, 2013
. Just in time for the holiday season.
To increase brand awareness, mPower has created a memorable logo, name and packaging for the Jump It. The brand identity focuses on the quality and convenience of the mPower Jump It, highlights it as something very different from competing products and clearly emphasizes the key value proposition of
Always In Your Car, Always Ready, Always Easy to Use.
Messaging focuses on the peace of mind that comes with throwing away the jumper cables forever. Drivers will no longer have to worry about waiting for a friend, flagging down another driver, or calling a tow truck in the event of a drained battery. mPower will drive product awareness and adoption through a variety of advertising and promotional tactics, including consumer and trade advertising, promotional marketing, public relations, social media, direct marketing, internet marketing and managed word-of-mouth
The mPower Jump It distinguishes itself from existing portable batteries and jump starters as follows:
- Full sized jump starters are not as small and easy to use as the mPower Jump It.
- Other portable jump starters are not as powerful, effective or reliable as the mPower Jump It
- It's small footprint allows retailers to free up shelf space and increase their ROI
- Weighs only 1.52 lbs
Distribution opportunities are currently being cultivated through:
- Direct distribution relationships: mPower is currently conducting direct sales calls, presentations, and meetings with distributors throughout the United States. The Company will also arrange conference calls and webinar presentations if geography is a limiting factor.
- Trade shows: mPower is attending prominent automotive industry and consumer electronics trade shows to increase brand awareness and establish valuable business partnerships.
mPower will provide its channel partners with a variety of support programs, including: