Nov. 21, 2013
N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization to 155 million active users, today announced that
(DORO.SS) will pre-load its new easy-to-use smartphone with
AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™
to offer Doro users increased peace of mind.
Doro has built a global profile in providing mobile phones with large buttons and simple interfaces for a particular demographic of consumers – seniors, or baby boomers, as they are also known. The new
810 smartphone aims to help get baby boomers connected quickly, easily and safely using the latest technology. Customers will receive a year's license for AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android for free with their new handset.
"We are the global leader in mobile phones for seniors - an audience segment that is often overlooked. Our mission is to help them overcome the digital divide and have more enjoyment in life, by being better-connected. Bringing the Internet to seniors in an accessible and inclusive manner via an easy-to-use smartphone offers huge lifestyle benefits to the user. We are able to provide extra peace of mind by working with AVG for our security solution," said
, President and CEO at Doro.
carried out by AVG found that consumers aged 65 year and over had on average three to five connected devices in the home. Age is not and should not be a barrier to getting online and having a rich digital life. That said, AVG recognizes the importance of addressing the particular needs of its consumers, and that a one size fits all model does not work," said
, Senior Vice President of Marketing, AVG Technologies. "Working with Doro has been rewarding as its ethos of providing simple, safe smartphones tailored to its customers' needs perfectly matches our own goal of helping baby boomers to be confident and comfortable online."
About AVG AntiVirus PRO v3.3 for Android™
Safe Web Surfing
: helps protect the device when the customer is browsing the web from their smartphone
- Actively checks web addresses in real time with AVG LinkScanner®, to help customers make the right decisions online. Directs people to a safe page when visiting a website deemed suspicious.
: combats viruses and malware so customers can download media and apps with confidence
- SIM Lock - SIM Lock, which is set up from the Anti-theft menu, locks lost or stolen phone to prevent others from replacing the phone's SIM card.
- Camera Trap - If the in-built Anti-Theft function records three failed attempts by an intruder to unlock the phone, it takes a photo of them with the phone's front-facing camera. The photo is then emailed to the phone's owner with an alert to the attempted break-in.
- App Scanner - scans apps to help ensure that malware will not infect the device. Scans run manually or customers can easily set up automatic daily or weekly scans.
- File Scanner - scans for malware, spyware, viruses and lets people remove them with a simple click. Protects the phone while people are using their favorite apps, protecting their contacts, bookmarks, text messages, music and videos. Choose between running manual scans or setting up automatic daily or weekly scans.
- Only available with AVG AntiVirus PRO, App Locker enables customers to lock their apps individually and secure them from being accessed by others using the phone. Customers can also back them up on their SD card.
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 155 million active users as of
June 30, 2013
and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
SOURCE AVG Technologies