PetSmart (PETM) ($73.54) ended Wednesday on the cusp of its 50-day SMA at $73.53. The buy rated pet supplies provider has a monthly value level at $72.93 with a semiannual pivot at $74.51 and a semiannual risky level at $81.62.
Ross Stores (ROST) ($81.32) set a multi-year high at $81.99 on Nov. 18. The buy rated off-prices apparel and home accessories retailer has a monthly value level at $79.35 with a semiannual pivot at $79.86 and semiannual risky level at $82.91.
Fresh Market (TFM) ($48.96) has been trading back and forth around its 200-day SMA since May 29 and tested that level on Wednesday at $48.28. The buy rated food retailer has a monthly pivot at $49.75 with a weekly risky level at $53.11.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV