SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) announced today that it has acquired privately-held CSC (UK) Ltd. headquartered in Leeds, United Kingdom from ISIS Equity Partners LLP and senior management. CSC's products include software solutions for the analysis and design of steel and concrete buildings. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Trimble and CSC share experience in the global building and construction market including a large customer base of engineering organizations. With a strong presence in the United Kingdom, Asia, South Africa, Middle East and U.S., CSC is a strategic Analysis and Design (A&D) partner of Tekla, a Trimble Company since 2011. In addition, CSC's building design software complements Trimble Buildings' solution portfolio.
"The acquisition of CSC reinforces our goal of connecting key workflows across the design, build and operate continuum. It extends our offering to provide complete workflow solutions from design to rebar fabrication," said Risto Raty, general manager of the Trimble Buildings' Structures Division. "Together with CSC we are looking forward to providing an extended solution to our engineering clients. In addition, we are actively expanding our cooperation with other A&D software companies in different markets around the world."
"Being acquired by Trimble will help CSC strengthen our presence in existing markets and accelerate growth in strategically important emerging markets where we currently have limited presence," said Mark Roberts, CEO at CSC. "This offers an exciting opportunity for our products and our people to become part of a truly global business. Trimble will help CSC realize our ambitions far quicker than we could have done by organic growth."CSC will become part of the Trimble Buildings' Structures Division in the Engineering and Construction segment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV