AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot ( www.retailmenot.com), the largest digital coupon destination in the United States, today released results from a survey conducted with The Omnibus Company ( www.omnibus.com), finding one third (33%) of holiday gift givers are not sure they know where to find the best deals for the gifts they're looking for. In response, RetailMeNot has designed a shopping toolkit to simplify the deal-seeking process and help consumers save money and feel confident with their purchases this holiday season.
"According to a survey RetailMeNot released in October, nearly 9 in 10 (87%) holiday gift givers have learned after making a purchase that they could have paid less—a common trigger of Deal Envy," says Trae Bodge, senior editor of The Real Deal by RetailMeNot. "No matter your financial situation, few of us are happy knowing we spent more than was necessary. This phenomenon we've termed 'Deal Envy' can be easily avoided if shoppers just take a few moments to search for a discount prior to purchase."
Fortunately, almost 9 in 10 (89%) winter holiday gift givers surveyed plan to use some kind of tool to research gifts this year. Some of the most popular research tools shoppers plan to use include store deal alerts (43%) and email newsletters (33%), gift guides (28%), social media (28%), mobile apps (21%) and blogs (13%).To avoid overspending or being overwhelmed this holiday shopping season, RetailMeNot encourages consumers to utilize the following tools to spend less and shop more. Tool #1: Store Alerts Get alerted to offers only for the stores you choose Oftentimes, consumers experience information overload after signing up for multiple newsletters, apps and social postings from different retailers. According to the survey, more than half (53%) of consumers would prefer to be alerted to deals only at stores where they regularly shop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV