Patterson Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: PDCO) today reported that consolidated sales totaled $998.8 million in its fiscal second quarter ended October 26, 2013, an increase of 15.2 percent from $867.2 million in the year-earlier period. Net income was $48.7 million, or $0.48 per diluted share (excluding costs related to the Medical unit restructuring), up from net income of $45.5 million, or $0.44 per diluted share, in the year-ago period.
Fiscal 2014 second quarter results included $117.7 million of consolidated sales and an EPS contribution of $0.01 per diluted share from the acquisition of NVS, which closed on August 16, 2013.
As previously disclosed, the Company is implementing a global information technology initiative in order to enable Patterson to accommodate future growth, assist in securing future productivity gains and enhance the customer experience. Investments in this initiative reduced the fiscal 2014 second quarter EPS by $0.02 per share. The project has reached another major milestone with the selection of the technology providers.
Patterson DentalSales for Patterson Dental, Patterson’s largest business, increased 3.0 percent on a constant currency basis from the year-earlier period to $563.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014. By category, also on a constant currency basis versus the year-ago quarter, sales of:
- Consumable dental supplies totaled $321.0 million, up 2.3 percent from the prior year;
- Dental equipment and software rose 4.8 percent from the year-earlier level, led by strong performance in technology sales; and
- Other services and products, consisting primarily of technical service, parts and labor, software support services and artificial teeth, were up 2.1 percent from last year’s second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV