The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W) (NYSE:BWC) announced that Nuclear Production Partners, LLC (NP 2) today filed a new protest with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) related to the $22 billion combined management and operating contract for the Y-12 National Security Complex (Y-12) and Pantex Plant.
This protest encompasses concerns identified in NP 2’s June 17, 2013 protest of the revised Request for Proposals. The protest also reflects information received during the National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) debriefing session held on November 15, 2013.
“The protest filed today results from a continuation of concerns from our previous protests and new issues identified in the evaluation of our Final Proposal Revision,” said George Dudich, President, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc. “Our team values our relationships with NNSA and the overall mission of the Nuclear Security Enterprise, but we believe this protest has merit and reflects new issues regarding the limited corrective actions that failed to resolve issues previously raised.”
B&W remains focused on operating Y-12 and Pantex safely and securely during the protest period, as the current B&W-led teams have done for the past 12 years.About B&W Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., The Babcock & Wilcox Company is a leader in clean energy technology and services, primarily for the nuclear, fossil and renewable power markets, as well as a premier advanced technology and mission critical defense contractor. B&W has locations worldwide and employs approximately 12,000 people, in addition to approximately 10,400 joint venture employees. Learn more at www.babcock.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV