The video that this transcript is based on appeared on Nov 12.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In two surprise moves in tech, the iPad Mini with retina display goes on sale and Google adds music capabilities to its Glass product.
In a bit of a surprise move, the iPad Mini with Retina Display is officially on sale at Apple's (AAPL) online store. The Apple Store began accepting orders for the tablet at midnight on Monday after word on the tablet's launch was leaked. Previously the launch date had remained a bit of a mystery, as Apple had only said the entry level $399 tablet would not be available until later in November. The tablet is now available in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and the US. Depending on the version the tablets should ship from 1 one to 10 business days.
In other tech news Google (GOOG) is making waves with this announcement and its Google glass wearable technology will feature music capabilities. Users will be able to search, stream and get suggestions for music via the Google Play App through voice command, and also listen to music by plugging specially-designed earbuds into glass. Glass is already available to several thousand people who were invited and signed up to be early testers of the product in New York I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet.
Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV