Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Williams-Sonoma (WSM) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Williams-Sonoma as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.4 million.
- WSM is up 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WSM NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on WSM: Williams-Sonoma, Inc. operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer of home products. It operates in two segments, Direct-to-Customer and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. WSM has a PE ratio of 53.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Williams-Sonoma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold.The average volume for Williams-Sonoma has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams-Sonoma has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.21 and a short float of 7.7% with 6.26 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams-Sonoma as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.80 versus $2.56).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 108.30% to $123.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.51%.
- You can view the full Williams-Sonoma Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about WSM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV