Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) today announced operating results for the 13 weeks ended November 3, 2013 (“Q3 13”) versus the 13 weeks ended October 28, 2012 (“Q3 12”).
Q3 13 Results
- Net revenues grew 11.3% to $1.052 billion versus $945 million in Q3 12 with comparable brand revenue growth of 8.2%.
- Operating margin increased to 8.8% from 8.4% in Q3 12.
- Diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) grew 18.4% to $0.58 compared to $0.49 in Q3 12.
- Cash returned to stockholders totaled $115 million comprising $85 million in stock repurchases and $30 million in dividends.
Laura Alber, President and Chief Executive Officer commented, “Our strong third quarter and our performance year-to-date illustrate the power of our business model and the relevancy of our brands. We delivered an 11% increase in revenue and EPS growth in excess of 18%. Importantly, we delivered this revenue growth and accompanying operating margin expansion while simultaneously investing in our multi-faceted growth initiatives.”
Alber continued, “We believe we are well-positioned heading into the holiday season and will continue to execute our key strategies to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers. We are focused on generating top-line results in conjunction with operational and capital discipline to deliver long-term shareholder value.”Alber concluded, “Given our year-to-date results, and our confidence in the fourth quarter, we are raising our fiscal year 2013 revenue and EPS guidance to reflect our outperformance in the third quarter. We are now guiding fiscal year 2013 revenue to a range of $4.290 billion to $4.350 billion and our non-GAAP diluted EPS guidance to a range of $2.76 to $2.83.” Comparable brand revenue growth in Q3 13 increased 8.2% on top of 8.5% in Q3 12 as shown in the table below:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts