FOX Business Network FBN Senior Correspondent Charlie Gasparino reports that Post Holding Chairman & CEO William Stiritz is approaching investors to take Herbalife private. Gasparino went on to report, that there is speculation that Stiritz is interested in "Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund Temasek" to play a role in taking Herbalife Ltd. (HLF) private. Gasparino discussed further, that Stiritz "would love to own" Herbalife Ltd. (HLF).
Excerpts from the report are below.
On whether William Stiritz is approaching investors to take Herbalife private:
"Here is what we hear, the speculation on The Street and I tell you I'm terming it speculation – that he is approaching other investors. We know he loves the company, I know that for a fact through other sources that he would love to own this company there is no doubt about that, I know that. What we hear now and Stiritz has not called us back that he is approaching potentially other investors to take it private. Now what are those other investors, the one name that I heard and we have not been able to get this confirmed, but I heard this - I am just throwing this out there because this is good juicy gossip…it's Temasek…the Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund Temasek. We should point out during the financial crisis I believe they took a stake in Merrill Lynch. These guys are pretty active."
-By ValueWalk Staff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV