Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) announced today it will donate $100,000 to the American Red Cross to provide disaster relief assistance for the victims of recent tornados in Illinois and across the Midwest.
"We extend our heartfelt sympathies to all who have been impacted by the devastating tornadoes," said Rick Szalach, manager of ExxonMobil's refinery in Joliet, Illinois. “It is our hope that this contribution to the Red Cross will make a meaningful difference in the affected communities.”
ExxonMobil’s donation is being directed to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which is providing food, shelter and supplies across five states to help people affected by Sunday’s devastating tornadoes and severe weather.
ExxonMobil employs almost 1,000 employees and contractors at its Joliet refinery, located about 45 miles southwest of Chicago. It also serves more than 380 independently owned Exxon- and Mobil-branded stations.Exxon Mobil Corporation engages in a range of philanthropic activities that advance education, health and science in the communities where it has significant operations. In 2012, together with its employees and retirees, ExxonMobil, its divisions and affiliates, and the ExxonMobil Foundation provided $256 million in contributions worldwide. Additional information on ExxonMobil’s community partnerships and contribution programs is available at www.exxonmobil.com/community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV