Dupont Fabros Technology (NYSE: DFT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, acquisition, development, operation, management, and lease of large-scale data center facilities in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 92.08. The average volume for Dupont Fabros Technology has been 861,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dupont Fabros Technology has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 0.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dupont Fabros Technology as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DFT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $54.86 million or 24.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.41%.
- 38.96% is the gross profit margin for DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.54% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 124.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.10 million to -$3.42 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dupont Fabros Technology Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts