W.Va. Jobless Rate At 6.2 In September, October
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) a¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate remained at 6.2 percent in September and October.
WorkForce West Virginia says the number of unemployed residents fell by 100 to 49,400 in September before inching back up 200 to 49,600 in October.
Through October, total state unemployment is down 11,100.
Construction jobs increased during the two-month period, while mining and logging employment fell.The national unemployment rate fell slightly in September to 7.2 percent and rose to 7.3 percent in October. Unemployment information was delayed due to the federal government shutdown in early October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV