NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Yahoo! (YHOO) was a big mover in premarket trading on Wednesday after investors responded positively to the Internet giant's buyback and debt offering.
Shares of the Sunnyvale, Calif-based company jumped after market close on Tuesday after Yahoo! announced that it will raise its buyback offering by $5 billion, and issue $1 billion in convertible debt. Yahoo! shares continued their momentum, rising 2.08% to $35.35 on Wednesday. The company was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 538,271.
Vodafone (VOD) was a more modest gainer, rising 0.31% to $36.62 on share volume of 364,050. Facebook (FB) shares gained 0.35% to $46.52 on share volume of 197,605, while Sirius XM (SIRI) rose 1.09% to $3.72 on 116,692 shares.
Shares of Microsoft (MSFT), which held its annual shareholders' meeting on Tuesday, crept up 0.22% to $36.82. The meeting was Steve Ballmer's last before stepping down as the software giant's CEO. Also on Tuesday, Nokia (NOK) shareholders approved the sale of "substantially all of Nokia's Devices & Services business" to Microsoft. More than 99 % of the votes cast at the meeting in Helsinki were in favor of the proposal.Nokia shares gained 2.56% to $8 before market open. Software specialist Red Hat (RHT) was another gainer, climbing 0.5% to $46.65. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV