SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced that Google has selected the ClearPad ® 3350 capacitive touchscreen solution to power its latest flagship smartphone device, the Nexus 5. As a single-chip touch controller solution, which integrates touch directly in the display, ClearPad 3350 enables leading OEMs to develop thinner, lighter, brighter and more responsive smartphone touchscreens. With ClearPad 3350, Nexus 5 users can experience the industry's first full high-definition (HD) In-Cell touchscreen, along with best-in-class touch sensitivity. Clearpad 3350 also incorporates software filters for excellent noise avoidance, while providing 10-finger multi-touch and up to 120 Hz touch refresh rates.
First introduced in 2011, Synaptics' patent-pending In-Cell touchscreen technology pushes the boundaries for device form factor and user input responsiveness in the Nexus 5. Working in close collaboration with LCD display manufacturers, Synaptics developed the ClearPad In-Cell technology by integrating touch functionality directly into the device's LCD display versus an additional discrete sensor layer. As a result, OEMs are able to deliver even slimmer devices with virtually zero display noise during touch sensing.
ClearPad 3350 Key Benefits :
- Ultra-thin Designs: Provides the thinnest solution available today by reducing the thickness by up to ~1mm, depending on the cover lens used.
- Brighter Displays: Increases the brightness by 10% by eliminating sensor transmitters on the color filter glass.
- Total System Cost Savings: Reduces total system cost through supply chain efficiencies and complete removal of a discrete sensor stackup.
- Display Compatibility: Provides maximum flexibility to the OEMs by making the solution fully compatible with TFT-LCD, a-Si and LTPS display types.
- User Interaction Features: Provides features like glove operation and stylus tracking by utilizing advanced trans-capacitance sensing in the display integrated systems.
"The Nexus brand of devices has long been known for innovative design and functionality, and our ClearPad technology supports this legacy by providing end users with the absolute best touchscreen experience available today," said Kevin Barber, senior vice president and general manager, Smart Display Division for Synaptics. "This latest design win with Google further underscores Synaptics' growing leadership in the mobile market and our commitment to forging strong partnerships across the mobile ecosystem to deliver groundbreaking, marketleading touchscreen technologies."Synaptics will showcase its entire portfolio of human interface products at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show. Customers and suppliers are encouraged to contact their Synaptics partner to arrange a meeting time at CES. Media are encouraged to contact email@example.com to arrange a meeting time. About SynapticsAs a leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad® family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad™ and ForcePad®, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. LiveFlex® fingerprint sensor technology enables authentication, mobile payments, and touch-based navigation for smartphones, tablets, and notebook computers. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch® supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com . Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, ThinTouch, LiveFlex and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. For further information, please contact: Nick RottlerSynaptics408-904-1820 firstname.lastname@example.org Public Relations:Starlayne MezaText 100 Global Communications 415-593-8431 email@example.com SOURCE Synaptics Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV