SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the winners of the Extreme Exemplary School Award and "Show Us Your Technology" video contest. These two award programs recognize schools that have demonstrated teaching creativity and technology innovation in the classroom.
School districts honored with the Exemplary School Award are chosen based on its educational commitment to implementing a personalized 21 st century learning environment and embody the best in American education. The most recent round of award winners are:
- Jackson Local Schools in Massillon, OH
- Valdosta City Schools in Valdosta, GA
- Red Deer Public Schools in Red Deer, AB Canada
- Chelmsford Public Schools in Chelmsford, MA.
Extreme selected the winners based on how well they instituted a one-on-one or mobile learning environment, facilitated individual instruction and encouraged curricular growth.
Additionally, as part of Connected Educator Month (CEM), Extreme encouraged classroom innovation by challenging schools to participate in a video contest to show off their use of technology. One winner, Sinclair Community College, created a classroom that serves as a multidimensional instructional courtroom used by criminal justice and law related departments and programs. The other winning video was submitted by Applewood Public School, Grades 5 & 6, and entitled Techno Gators In Action. It was entirely conceived, written, directed, edited and produced by the students and modeled as a TV news update, with an on-site reporter interviewing students demonstrating the technology. The result is a concise and entertaining look at innovative learning technology."An important goal of Extreme Networks is to encourage the use of technology in the classroom to better connect students and educators, leading to a highly motivating learning environment," said Vala Afshar, Chief Marketing Officer of Extreme Networks. "We are proud to acknowledge and reward schools that are integrating technology into its curriculums to increase collaboration among teachers and students and we hope to encourage other schools to do the same." Additional Resources
- K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Blog Post: 5th and 6th Graders Show Their Innovative Use of Technology in the Classroom
- Blog Post: Creativity And Innovation In Education – Short Takes On EDUCAUSE 2013
- Blog Post: Ken Robinson to Educators: You *can* teach creativity, and you must
- Blog Post: The Top Ten K-12 CIO Strategic Priorities
- Blog Post: Common Core Assessments – Survey [Infographic]
- Education customer testimonials
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts