GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, Nov. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX) announced today that its board of directors approved a stock repurchase plan that allows the company to repurchase an incremental $500 million of its stock. Since February 2011, the company has repurchased nearly $800 million of its stock and has approximately $14 million available under its current plan.
"Our Board of Directors and management team are confident in the company's future growth prospects and our ability to generate strong recurring cash flow," said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "In addition to our solid operational performance and nearly five percent dividend yield, an expansion of our stock repurchase plan provides us yet another way to deliver value for our shareholders."
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest ® and Holiday in the Park ®.SOURCE Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV