BOSTON, Nov. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EnerNOC, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENOC), a leading provider of energy intelligence software, announced that Austin Energy has engaged EnerNOC to help expand the utility's Power Saver™ Load Co-op demand response program, with a focus on developing a plan for the implementation of automated demand response (AutoDR) utilizing the OpenADR 2.0 standard. Austin Energy is the nation's eighth largest community-owned electric utility and serves a population of almost one million in Austin and surrounding Texas counties.
"There is enormous potential to reduce peak energy use in the commercial sector through demand response programs," said Larry Weis, Austin Energy General Manager. "We want to have as many as 500 facilities reducing up to 50 megawatts of peak demand in our Load Co-op program by 2020."
"Our partnership with Austin Energy highlights EnerNOC's capabilities to help a utility extract maximum value out of its demand response initiatives by bringing the combined experience and best practices of more than a decade of experience, and work with hundreds of utilities and grid operators around the world," said Tim Healy, Chairman and CEO of EnerNOC.The EnerNOC Utility Solutions team is advising and supporting Austin Energy in developing its Load Co-op program through several specific strategies, including:
- Assisting the utility's account representatives to effectively target, recruit, and engage best-fit commercial customers in the program through EnerNOC's cross-industry engineering and energy management services.
- Helping the utility's customers develop load reduction plans and providing them with post-event performance coaching.
- Supporting the utility in introducing AutoDR technologies to the program to help customers realize the full benefits of program participation with minimal impact on customer operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV