ALGIERS, Algeria, November 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, and the Algerian Ministry of Higher Education today announced the winners of the 2013 Algerian Scopus Awards. The selected 12 winners' work covers a range of academic disciplines, recognizing Algeria's top researchers.
The Algerian Scopus Awards program was first launched in 2010 and came to fruition through a joint initiative between Elsevier and the Algerian Ministry of Higher Education and Research with the aim to foster and encourage Algerian research talent. The award nominees are all researchers who have published since 2007 and are affiliated to a university or research institution in Algeria. Nominations were assessed by a jury consisting of representatives of the Ministry of Higher Education and Research and other discipline-specific experts. Their assessment was based on publication and citation data drawn from Elsevier's Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of global research literature.
The selected 12 winners are:
- Medicine: Dr. Bitam Idir; Institut Pasteur d'Algérie - Pasteur Institute of Algeria.
- Environmental Science: Prof. Kettab Ahmed; Ecole Nationale Supérieure Polytechnique, The National Polytechnic School of Algiers
- Engineering: Prof. Berkouk El-Majed; Ecole Nationale Supérieure Polytechnique, The National Polytechnic School of Algiers
- Physics and Astronomy: Prof. Tribeche Mouloud; USTHB - University Of Sciences and Technology
- Computer Science: Prof. Drias Habiba; USTHB - University Of Sciences and Technology Houari-Boumediene
- Material Science: Prof. Khenata Rabah University of Mascara
- Material Science: Prof Rasched Djamel; University El Djilali Liabès of Sidi Bel Abbès
- Mathematics: Dr. Ouahab Abdelghani; University El Djilali Liabès of Sidi Bel Abbès
- Chemistry: Prof. Belbachir Mohamed; University Es-Senia of Oran
- Chemical Engineering: Prof. Meniai Abdeslam-Hassen; University of Constantine
- Agricultural and Biological Science: Prof. Benayachef adila; University of Constantine
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology: Prof. Benali-Cherif; Nourredine University Abbès Laghrour of Khenchela