Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: AGII), an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products, announced today that Matthew Wilken has been promoted to president of Argo Re. In his new role, Mr. Wilken will oversee the company’s property catastrophe reinsurance operations based in Bermuda.
Mr. Wilken will be taking over as president from Andrew Carrier, who has held dual roles as group chief underwriting officer for Argo Group and president of Argo Re since 2011. Mr. Carrier, who led the formation of Argo Re from its beginning in 2007, will continue in his role as group chief underwriting officer for Argo Group. Mr. Wilken joined Argo Group in 2008 and previously served as chief underwriting officer, property risks at Argo Re. Prior to joining the company, Mr. Wilken held progressively responsible roles in reinsurance underwriting at Kiln & Co. in London. In his new role, which is pending approval from the Bermuda Department of Immigration, Mr. Wilken will report to Argo Group Chief Executive Officer Mark E. Watson III.
“I have the utmost respect for Matthew’s underwriting ability and he has been integral to the establishment and growth of Argo Re,” commented Mr. Carrier. “More importantly, his leadership skills will ensure that our team and our reinsurance business continue to thrive.”
“Andrew and Matthew and the entire team at Argo Re have done an excellent job establishing a meaningful Bermuda-based reinsurance platform for Argo Group over the past five years,” commented Mr. Watson. “Since 2011, Andrew has had the additional responsibility of overseeing enterprise-wide underwriting for business that has expanded in both scope and geography. This is an ideal time to turn the helm of Argo Re over to Matthew, whose proven leadership and underwriting skills are well-respected at Argo Group and throughout the industry.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV