BEIJING, Nov. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- November 19, 2013 — eFuture Information Technology Inc. (Nasdaq:EFUT) (the "Company" or "eFuture"), a leading provider of software and services in China's rapidly growing retail and consumer goods industries, today announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Third Quarter 20 13 Financial Highlights
- Total revenue increased 8% year-over-year to RMB40.5 million (US$6.6 million).
- Gross profit increased 2% year-over-year to RMB16.4 million (US$2.7 million).
- Adjusted EBITDA was minus RMB0.7 million (US$0.1 million), compared to minus RMB1.0 million in the third quarter 2012.
- Operating loss was RMB2.3 million (US$0.4 million), compared to an operating loss of RMB3.9 million in the third quarter 2012.
- Net loss was RMB1.6 million (US$0.3 million), compared to a net loss of RMB2.1 million in the third quarter 2012.
- Adjusted net loss was RMB0.4 million (US$0.07 million), compared to an adjusted net income of RMB0.3 million in the third quarter 2012.
- Basic and diluted loss per share was RMB0.38 (US$0.06), as compared to basic and diluted loss per share of RMB0.52 in the third quarter 2012.
- Adjusted diluted loss per share was RMB0.10 (US$0.02), as compared to adjusted diluted earnings per share of RMB0.07 in the third quarter 2012.
Mr. Adam Yan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of eFuture, commented on the results. "eFuture's momentum continued through the third quarter, with a 30% growth in service fee income and a 20% increase in newly signed contracts, reaching RMB70.2 million (US$11 million). The continued strength of our operating results is a testament to our well-established key client strategy allowing us to cross-sell our rich portfolio of products and services to existing clients."While our key client strategy allows us to leverage our broad array of capabilities to drive greater business value from large clients, due to the complex and highly customized nature of the contracts it has caused a slight delay in the completion time of some services. Nevertheless, the Company has always focused on enhancing cost structure to improve efficiency, and this has mitigated the pressure from delays in revenue recognition. Over the year, G&A expenses have been decreasing from 21.3% to 16.9%, and selling and distribution expenses have also been declining from 30.6% to 27.2%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts