In trading on Tuesday, shares of Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (WRE) touched a new 52-week low of $23.84/share. That's a $6.74 share price drop, or -22.04% decline from the 52-week high of $30.58 set back on 05/22/2013. Large percentage drops always require that the stock post even larger percentage gains from the low in order to recover the old price point, and for WRE that means the stock would have to gain 28.27% to get back to the 52-week high. For a move like that, Washington Real Estate Investment Trust would need fundamental strength at the business level.
Here's a rhetorical question: Who knows more about fundamentals at the business level than the company's own insiders? So let's take a look to see whether any company insiders were taking the other side of the trade as WRE shares were being sold down to this new 52-week low, focusing on the most recent trailing six month period. As summarized by the table below, WRE has seen 2 different instances of insiders buying over the past six months.
|10/29/2013||Charles T. Nason||Director||5,000||$26.31||$131,550.00|
|10/30/2013||William G. Byrnes||Director||18,000||$26.19||$471,440.00|
|11/11/2013||William G. Byrnes||Director||2,000||$24.50||$49,000.00|
|11/11/2013||Charles T. Nason||Director||1,000||$24.57||$24,570.00|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV