Nov. 19, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Today, Shell, the no. 1 selling brand of gasoline in the U.S., announced the launch of its exclusive new diesel formulation, Shell Diesel FiT™
(Fuel injection Technology)
, at more than 60 Shell stations in
area. This new high-quality diesel formulation provides three way protection to all consumers to guard against performance-robbing gunk build-up on fuel injectors, and provides enhanced anti-corrosion and anti-wear protection to help maintain diesel engine performance as designed. An additional fourth level of protection is provided to consumers in very cold climates to help prevent fuel gelling
. Shell knows that
area motorists are increasingly choosing diesel engines for both professional and personal use, so Shell selected this area as one of two markets to test its new formulation. With the reality of more diesel engines coming to the market today for consumers and more diesel options expected from automakers in the future
, Shell is responding to this growing need by offering this high-quality diesel fuel to help diesel customers maintain the performance and protect the significant investment they have made in their diesel vehicle.
"We are very excited about this latest opportunity to launch a new and improved ultra-low sulphur diesel fuel in the
area. Shell knows that motorists are increasingly choosing diesel engines for the improved power, durability, and fuel economy that diesel vehicles provide over gasoline vehicles so we developed a higher quality diesel to meet their specific engine needs," said
, a senior fuels technology manager for Shell. "Shell Diesel FiT is well-suited for the evolving cleaner-burning diesel fuel market demand because it's designed for use in both traditional and well as new ultra-clean diesel engines with advanced emission controls. So no matter what type of diesel vehicle they drive, Shell Diesel FiT can help motorists in
area protect their engines."
As the number of consumer-owned diesel vehicles increased 24 percent across the country in the past two years and as the number of diesel cars, pickups and SUVs models are expected to more than double in the next two years
, Shell knows that many new diesel drivers may be unaware of the importance of using a high-quality diesel fuel. With continual use, Shell Diesel FiT provides diesel consumers with protection in the following areas:
- Fuel injector deposits can reduce combustion efficiency and increase fuel consumption. The exclusive New Shell Diesel FiT formula protects against this deposit build-up to help maintain proper injector fuel flow and spray pattern.
- Use of a low quality diesel fuel can result in corrosion of vital engine parts such as the fuel pump. Shell Diesel FiT contains special corrosion inhibitors to help prevent fuel system corrosion to protect your investment.
- All regular diesel fuel contains a minimal amount of anti-wear agents as required by law. Shell Diesel FiT is formulated to help provide additional anti-wear protection for your diesel engine.
- In very cold weather conditions, low quality diesel fuel can "gel" which can result in the inability to start the vehicle or reduce diesel engine performance. New Shell Diesel FiT in select cold weather markets contains anti-gelling agents to ensure diesel engines perform as they were designed. 1
To ensure they are filling up with the new formulation, motorists in
should look for signs noting Shell Diesel FiT at Shell stations. For a list of sites in their area, motorists can download the Shell Motorist App (available at the iTunes store and Android Market), visit
or call Shell Customer Care at (888) 467-4355.
Shell Diesel FiT is the latest example of the company's on-going commitment to offer a reliable supply of high-quality fuels at competitive prices to business and retail consumers. The fuel portfolio is supported by a robust ways-to-save suite of options to address the diverse financial needs of today's consumers. For more information on Shell Diesel FiT, Shell and to learn about additional ways to save with Shell, visit
- Look for the "Special winterized anti-gel formula" label on the dispenser to determine if your area requires this extra cold weather protection during winter months.
- USA Today
- Bankrate 2013 data