Mercy Corps Applauds Introduction Of Humanitarian Assistance Facilitation Act Of 2013
1. Prohibiting aid to or through a person or organization subject to sanctions or engaged in terrorist activity;
2. Ensuring humanitarian organizations implement the necessary protections to minimize incidental 'aid leakage;'
3. Allowing appropriate interventions from the U.S. government when national security may be at risk.
"Mercy Corps delivers lifesaving assistance and innovative programs transforming lives around the world. We are committed to delivering humanitarian assistance impartially, without furthering the objectives of any armed group or party to a conflict," says Keny-Guyer. "With HAFA, we in the humanitarian community can fulfill our mission to provide lifesaving assistance and help the most vulnerable people overcome adversity, no matter where in the world they live."About Mercy Corps Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world's toughest places. www.mercycorps.org . SOURCE Mercy Corps
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts