- Prosperity Bancshares (PB) of Houston. The shares closed at $63.76 Monday and trade for 16 times the consensus 2014 earnings estimate of $2.82, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The company's ROTCE for the first three quarters of 2013 was a very strong 20.88%, following ROTCE of 19.84% in 2012 and 22.80% in 2011, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight. On this basis, Prosperity Bancshares has been the strongest performer for the past three years among the banks listed here.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB) of Conway, Ark. The shares closed at $33.75 Monday and trade for 19.6 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.72. The ROTCE for the first three quarters of 2013 was 15.89%, improving from 15.09% in 2012 and 13.49% in 2011.
- Community Bank System (CBU) of DeWitt, N.Y. The shares closed at $36.75 Monday and trade for 17.3 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $2.13. The company's ROTCE for the first three quarters of this year was 17.54%, compared to 14.95% in 2012 and 17.67% in 2011.
- First Financial Bancshares (FFIN) of Abilene, Texas. The shares closed at $61.79 Monday and trade for 21.9 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $2.82. The company's ROTCE for the first three quarters of 2013 was 16.33%, increasing from 15.3% in 2012 and 15.67% in 2011.
5 Cheapest A-Rated Bank Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.