Technology tops the holiday shopping list and Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is making it easy for consumers with its huge assortment of the hottest new technology and accessories. Forty percent of holiday gift shoppers plan to give technology or tech accessories as gifts this holiday season, according to a recent Staples survey. To make the perfect technology gift happen, Staples’ assortment includes the latest tablets, mobile phones, laptops, audio, accessories and much more.
“We make it easy to find the perfect gift this holiday season with a huge assortment of the latest new technology and accessories all at great deals,” said Alison Corcoran, senior vice president of North American stores and online marketing, Staples. “Whether our customers like to shop online at Staples.com or in our stores, we make it easy for them to find perfect gifts, even for those difficult to buy for people.”
To help holiday shoppers find the perfect gifts at Staples, tech expert Carley Knobloch offers her top picks for the 2013 season.
“Shopping for gadgets during the holiday season can be thrilling, yet daunting,” said Knobloch. “It’s so much less stressful and much more fun to shop for technology at a trusted tech destination, like Staples, that offers a wide assortment of the must-have tech gifts at great prices.”Carley Knobloch’s Top Picks
- Mobile devices make perfect presents, and Staples is offering the Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone for a penny after savings with a new 2-year contract agreement or qualified 2-year upgrade as part of its Black Friday deals, which start on Thanksgiving Day. Complete the gift with a bright-colored, protective such as the Otterbox Defender Series ($49.99).
- Tablet-Mania: There’s nothing quite like giving someone a new, lighter model tablet. Tablets are a unique product that’s great for kids, grandparents, and everyone in between – they really adapt to an individual’s needs. Top choices include new Windows 8 tablets such as the Microsoft Surface 2 Pro (starting at $899), which has a USB port and SD card reader, or a Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet ($329.99).
- The Kindle Fire HD (starting at $169) is a great tablet for families: It’s loaded with features parents approve of, such as controls that can set time limits for each child.
- Beats Solo HD headphones ($199.99), make listening to music fabulous and fashionable, and come in an array of fashion forward colors.
- Getting a new computer this year? Consider a laptop or Chromebook, like the Samsung 11.6” Chromebook ($249), a light, portable and powerful computer that features a Google Chrome operating system.
- Technology accessories also make perfect stocking stuffers. Consider the Mophie Juice Pack Plus Case ($107.99) to keep charged up, a protective Speck CandyShell Case for iPad Mini ($39.99) or, for the music lover, the Beats by Dr. Dre urBeats Headphones ($99.95).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV