Key findings from the survey highlight the importance of new generation APM:
- Mobile Shopping Adoption: 49 percent of smartphone/tablet users intend to use their mobile devices to search for and/or buy gifts this year, with a remarkable 36 percent of users saying they will do more shopping in 2013 via their devices than last year.
- Mobile Performance is Critical: A resounding 37 percent of smartphone/tablet users will abandon sales to shop elsewhere if a retailer's mobile site or mobile application doesn't load within three seconds. The number who will abandon sites rises to 45 percent for smartphone/tablet users aged 18 to 34. One second too long and they're lost to the competition.
- Mobile Generation Leading the Way: The younger the buyer, the more likely he or she is to shop by smartphone or tablet. In fact, 66 percent of "Mobile Generation" (smartphone/tablet users age 18 to 34 years old) will search and/or buy via mobile devices this holiday season and 53 percent will do more holiday shopping this year on their smartphone/tablet this year than last year.
- Barrier to Future Sales: Just one disappointed user is all it takes, as 29 percent of smartphone/tablet users who have a poor online shopping experience say they are likely to complain on social media. This means that disappointed users can cause substantial collateral damage to brand reputations through negative commentary and ratings.
- Mobile Devices Pose a Complexity Challenge: Retailers need to factor multi-device usage into their online strategies and user experiences, as 36 percent of smartphone and tablet users will use more than one device to search for or purchase gifts this holiday season. So, e-commerce organizations will need to deliver seamless and intuitive experiences across a wide range of device types and mobile browsers.
- Native Application Performance Will Be Essential: 34 percent of smartphone/tablet users will be using company-specific native applications this holiday season. This makes complexity challenges difficult as performance needs to be maintained across multiple application versions and platforms created for different devices.
View and download the survey infographic here.
The Compuware APM survey tangibly quantiﬁes how quickly mobile shopping is gaining steam, and the stakes for not putting APM at the center of retailers' e-commerce strategies. The importance of performance does not end with the 2013 holiday shopping season. More "rush" events where mobile websites and applications are expected to perform under peak trafﬁc are right around the corner. The Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, the Winter Olympics and the World Cup are a few upcoming opportunities to win or lose mobile customers.
For more information on how APM can make the difference between robust sales or empty shopping carts, visit Compuware APM's "Maximize the Rush" program here.Survey Methodology: This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Compuware APM from October 14-16, 2013 among 2,025 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact the Compuware APM press contact listed below. Compuware APM is the leader in a new generation of application performance management. Unlike traditional APM solutions that are heavy, difficult and reactive, Compuware APM is light, smart and proactive. Compuware APM is built to manage the complexity of today's most challenging modern applications including mobile, cloud, big data and SOA. Compuware APM optimizes and monitors tens of thousands of applications for more than 5,000 customers, large and small, around the globe. Through the lens of end-user experience, our customers enjoy faster performance, proactive problem resolution, accelerated time-to-market and reduced application management costs through smarter analytics, advanced APM automation and a unique performance lifecycle foundation. To read more about Compuware's leadership in the APM market, click here. Follow Compuware APM on: http://www.compuware.com .
CONTACT: Press Contact Kayla Siefker Senior Public Relations Manager, Compuware APM Business Unit email@example.com 313-227-1402 Jackie Lucas Warner Communications 978-526-1960 Jackie@warnerpr.com For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV