CHICAGO, Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grainger (NYSE: GWW), the leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, today launched several innovative eCommerce solutions with an enhanced search, workflow and purchase experience, making it easier for customers to find what they need and get back to their jobs.
Grainger's new iPad application (app) takes advantage of the device's capabilities while leveraging the power of Grainger.com. It allows customers to visually browse through thousands of products in seconds with improved search filters. Once a customer finds the product, relevant information is displayed including product availability, technical specifications and product accessories. Checkout also has been streamlined to save customers time on the go.
Customers will benefit from the iPad app's key features, which include:
- Detailed product pages designed to provide customers key information to select a product that meets their needs;
- Real-time product availability that shows the nearest branch that has the product in stock or date the product is expected to arrive, if shipped;
- Easy single-page checkout that displays the customer's account information, including the payment method, shipping address and default branch, eliminating steps in the process;
- Order History that helps a customer track recently placed orders or search within past orders; and
- Access to personal and shared lists to quickly find and order regularly purchased items.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts