Nov. 19, 2013
(NYSE: GWW), the leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, today launched several innovative eCommerce solutions with an enhanced search, workflow and purchase experience, making it easier for customers to find what they need and get back to their jobs.
iPad application (app)
takes advantage of the device's capabilities while leveraging the power of Grainger.com. It allows customers to visually browse through thousands of products in seconds with improved search filters. Once a customer finds the product, relevant information is displayed including product availability, technical specifications and product accessories. Checkout also has been streamlined to save customers time on the go.
Customers will benefit from the iPad app's key features, which include:
- Detailed product pages designed to provide customers key information to select a product that meets their needs;
- Real-time product availability that shows the nearest branch that has the product in stock or date the product is expected to arrive, if shipped;
- Easy single-page checkout that displays the customer's account information, including the payment method, shipping address and default branch, eliminating steps in the process;
- Order History that helps a customer track recently placed orders or search within past orders; and
- Access to personal and shared lists to quickly find and order regularly purchased items.
"Every detail of the iPad app was designed with efficiency in mind, allowing our customers to quickly find what they need, order it and get back to the task at hand," said
, Vice President of eCommerce Strategy and Planning at Grainger. "In addition, the app is part of our bigger enhanced eCommerce initiative, which provides our customers with a consistent multi-channel experience from desktop through mobile device."
Grainger's New Web Platform
Grainger's new web platform is designed to offer a consistent purchase experience for customers across multiple purchase channels, including branches, mobile, website and KeepStock® (the company's inventory management solution). For example, customers can begin a purchase transaction in one medium and complete it in another, order products in a branch and view order history online, and track KeepStock orders on the website or through a mobile device.