FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) is once again spreading holiday cheer to America’s service members and their families this season with a special delivery of more than 17,000 live Christmas trees.
Now in its ninth year, Trees for Troops brings together FedEx, the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation and tree farmers across America to transport thousands of real Christmas trees to service members stationed overseas, as well as on military bases in the U.S. The trees will be delivered in the weeks leading up to Christmas, the busiest holiday season in FedEx history.
"FedEx team members often feel like we’re playing ‘Santa’ during the holiday season for so many of our customers, but the delivery of these Christmas trees to our men and women in uniform is one of our most treasured holiday traditions,” said Bill Logue, president and CEO, FedEx Freight. “The holidays are a tremendously busy time for FedEx, but we’re honored to be invited to mobilize our logistics network in support of the dedication of America’s servicemen and women.”
Tracking O’Tannenbaum for Troops Overseas and at HomeThe Trees for Troops initiative kicks off today in Thorntown, Indiana, as FedEx volunteers help prepare over 250 live Christmas trees to be shipped to service members stationed overseas. The Christmas trees, donated by members of the Indiana Christmas Tree Growers Association, will be delivered to service members stationed in the Middle East via the FedEx Express hub in Indianapolis. Once the international deliveries have taken flight, FedEx Freight will hit the road with more than 17,000 fresh-cut Christmas trees to be delivered to U.S. military bases beginning Dec. 3, with final deliveries scheduled for Dec. 13. Many of these deliveries will also include special holiday festivities in which military families will pick-up their anticipated Christmas tree.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV