National Autism Network Launches HIPPA Secure Social Network Designed Specifically For Autism Community
CARY, N.C., Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Autism Spectrum Disorder is the fastest growing developmental disability in the United States, affecting 1 in 88 children, according to the CDC. As more families struggle to find answers and make sense of a diagnosis, National Autism Network announces the launch of an innovative, HIPAA-secure social network designed specifically and solely for the Autism community. This fully integrated social network offers features not currently found on any social network and was created to fill a void in the community.
"For twenty years, I've watched the plight of parents who spent hours talking to different providers for their children – from behavior analysts speech therapists to occupational therapists to dieticians," said Denise DeCandia, a behavioral therapist whose focus is serving the autism community. "Naturally parents want their child's providers to be well-informed and all on the same page, but time and again providers like myself have had to decline Facebook invitations and other requests to connect from parents because of ethical and privacy concerns."With the rise of social media, DeCandia knew there must be a better way to connect the autism community. "That's when the lightbulb went on," she continued. "What if we could use the power of social media to connect parents, providers, and individuals on the spectrum in a safe, HIPPA-secure environment? The end result would be time savings for parents and better care for the child." The social network is the last piece in the puzzle for National Autism Network's comprehensive online resource, which is the largest online resource for the autism community and offers a nationwide provider directory, discussion forums, autism news, and many additional resources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV