AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security, privacy and optimization solutions to 172 million active users, today announced its latest version of AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android™ Tablets. Version 3.4.1, which includes new Camera Trap and SIM Lock features, is now available for download from Google Play. AVG will also offer these new features to AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android™ Tablet users as part of a 14-day trial period, so they too can experience the benefits of additional protection.
Designed to offer optimum privacy, performance and protection possible for tablet devices combined with a real ease of use, AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android™ Tablets now includes the following new Anti-Theft features:
- If your tablet has been lost and you have activated our existing Anti-Theft remote lock service, Camera Trap will take a secret photo of anyone trying to override the lock who enters your password incorrectly three times in a row. This photo will then be emailed to the address you've registered with the Anti-Theft service, so you can see exactly who's trying to break into your phone.
- Designed for tablets with a SIM card, SIM Lock is able to lock your tablet in the event that the SIM card is replaced.
"Tablets are expected to be one of the hottest gifts this Christmas, with new releases available from Google, Apple and Microsoft to name but a few," said Omri Sigelman, VP Mobile Marketing & Sales, AVG Technologies. "Aside from their monetary value, these devices are already an essential part of many people's daily lives and hold information of great personal and professional significance. With these advanced Anti-Theft features we aim to provide our tablet customers with the peace of mind that what they hold dearest will be protected."
In addition to these new Anti-Theft features, AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android™ Tablets also includes the privacy-focused features App Backup, which saves apps to the device's SD card to be restored whenever necessary, and App Locker, which can lock apps to protect your privacy and safety.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120306/SF65434LOGO) About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to‐use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of September 30, 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. www.avg.com All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV