ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced that Forest City Enterprises has implemented ServiceNow software-as-a-service platform and ServiceNow IT Service Automation Suite to consolidate IT systems, offer employees self-service functionality and automate business processes within and beyond IT. ServiceNow has enabled Forest City to respond to a wide variety of IT and shared services requirements more quickly and efficiently.
Forest City, a NYSE-listed national real estate company with $10.7 billion in total assets, is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate and land throughout the United States. In switching to ServiceNow, Forest City replaced legacy IT software that had become unstable, cumbersome to use and not aligned with the company’s long-term IT roadmap of leveraging cloud-based services.
“Moving IT to the cloud and standardizing on a single system of record is part of our strategic plan. The cloud enables us to be more agile by freeing up resources so we can focus on more strategic IT projects,” said Bob Bayer, IT director, Forest City Enterprises. “As we examined the capabilities of ServiceNow, we found that we could replace several other third-party and homegrown tools for managing IT changes, assets, projects, our knowledge base and self-service catalog. With ServiceNow, we have eliminated multiple, siloed tools allowing us to dramatically improve the way we deliver IT services and build on our successes across other enterprise functions.”
Forest City has driven a number of important improvements with ServiceNow, including:
- Automated employee onboarding and provisioning to reduce the time it takes to set up a new employee from five business days to two, while reducing the number of dedicated personnel for those functions from three to two
- Replaced two disparate business systems used for project management for more complete understanding and better management of projects
- Created a custom application for IT business relationship management using the ServiceNow platform to integrate all internal employee interactions with incidents and requests to provide CRM-like visibility improving IT productivity and end user satisfaction
- Matured change management processes and automated real-time reporting resulting in significant time savings and greater accuracy.
- Adding Asset Management and Software Asset Management to track and manage the physical, contractual and financial aspects of IT assets more efficiently
- Extending catalog and request fulfillment to the Procurement group
- Introducing the newly announced HR case management
- Deploying IT GRC for the audit team
- Automating employee directories and conference room scheduling for the Office Services group as well as other key processes