Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced the RFD5500 UHF RFID sled that can instantly turn the MC55N0, MC55A0, MC65 and MC67 mobile computers into lightweight, rugged, handheld RFID readers that deliver fast read rates and improved productivity for retail storefronts, warehouses and field applications.
- The easy-grip RFD5500 sled uses Motorola’s leading UHF RFID technology that offers superior read range and coverage area. There is no need to precisely align the reader with the tag so RFID data can be quickly and accurately captured – even on the most challenging items.
- The RFD5500 offers a unique combination of intuitive audible and visual cues to quickly guide a worker to the precise location of any desired item. As the device moves closer to a specific item, a tone beeps louder and faster, while a sliding graphical bar increases in size enabling mobile workers to quickly locate any individual item.
- By building on the enterprise mobile computers’ leading bar code data capture capabilities, the RFD5500 offers dual data capture functionality in a single device. Mobile workers can locate products, read non-line-of-sight RFID data, and capture damaged and poor quality bar codes without interrupting workflows.
- The RFD5500 is supported with a comprehensive portfolio of services including Service from the Start Bronze, which provides coverage for normal wear and tear and a three-day repair turnaround time. Service from the Start with Advance Exchange Support provides advance replacement of devices requiring repair and coverage of accidental damage to internal and external components. These services help minimize equipment downtime and significantly reduce unforeseen repair expenses.
Bob Sanders, senior vice president of Data Capture Solutions, Motorola Solutions“Motorola Solutions’ new RFD5500 sled expands the industry’s broadest RFID reader portfolio adding state-of-the-art RFID functionality to the bar code scanning capability already available in the MC55, MC65 and MC67 mobile computers. By bundling two best-in-class data capture technologies in one accessory, businesses can now purchase and manage fewer devices helping improve productivity and lower their total cost of ownership.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts