Nissan GT-R NISMO - World's Fastest Volume Production Car Around The "Green Hell"
YOKOHAMA, Japan, Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Demonstrating Nissan's commitment to the constant refinement and improvement of its iconic performance flagship, the newly upgraded Nissan GT-R has lapped the fearsome Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit in Germany in just 7 minutes 8.679 seconds 1.
The lap time was recorded by Michael Krumm, a Nissan racing pilot and test-driver, behind the wheel of a 2014 Nissan GT-R NISMO*. The record time for a volume production car clearly moves the Nissan GT-R even deeper into the territory of Nordschleife lap times achieved by other ultra high-performance cars.Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn says this is the fastest Nissan GT-R ever. "With this lap time, we can authoritatively say that the 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO* holds the volume production car lap record at the Nordschleife, which is the gold standard of high performance achievement." Michael Krumm said, "We had a fantastic time attacking the Nurburgring. I had so much fun out there. The car gave me so much confidence, but also it is really enjoyable. The Nissan GT-R NISMO* is a really engaging, rewarding car and, of course, super-super-fast." Date of time attack: September 30th, 2013 Tested vehicle: Nissan GT-R NISMO with track options Specifications of the track options: Aerodynamics tuning, weight reduction, and suspension tuning The updated Nissan GT-R will be available in Japan from December, and in the U.S. and Europe in early 2014. The GT-R NISMO will go on sale in Japan from February 2014 and later in the same year in Europe and the U.S. About NISMO
- NISMO, a short form of "Nissan Motorsports," is the performance brand for Nissan, and is one of the company's purveyors of "innovation that excites."
- NISMO offers products featuring innovative technology and high performance to a wide range of customers for street use. NISMO cars provide an exciting driving experience with motorsports-inspired aerodynamics and styling, enhanced handling characteristics and unmatched agility.
- In the motorsports world, NISMO competes in the highest forms of GT and sports car racing, such as Japan's Super GT Series and the World Endurance Championships (WEC), as well as providing engines to teams that compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the European Le Mans Series (ELMS). The Nissan GT-R captured the Super GT championship in 2011 and 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV