Under current CEO Elisabeth DeMarse, Cramer has said the company, which acquired The Deal in 2012, is much better positioned to grow revenue and expand its readership. Cramer, who appears regularly on CNBC as well as headlining the show "Mad Money," will continue to hold the position of Chief Markets Commentator at TheStreet while trading a portfolio for his charitable trust as part of Action Alerts Plus, a subscription newsletter.
"I am thrilled to sign this long-term agreement with the company I founded 16 years ago," Cramer said in a statement.
DeMarse, who became CEO and chairman of TheStreet in March 2012, said Cramer's decision to sign a longer-term contract with TheStreet was a sign that the company's finances have improved and that its businesses are growing.
"Jim Cramer's continued commitment to TheStreet and eagerness to renew his contract for a longer period than the last agreement is strong validation of the strategic direction of the company," said TheStreet's Chief Executive Officer Elisabeth DeMarse. "Harnessing Jim's digital rights enables our premium subscription division to drive greater revenue, expand our video offerings and launch new products to support organic growth."
Written by Leon Lazaroff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV