Key components of the Mercury xPRESS Platform are:
- Hardware kit with microcontroller-based motherboard, including:
- Integrated ThingMagic UHF RFID module (Micro, Micro-LTE, or M6e)
- USB interface
- Ports for up to 2 additional plug-in data transport interface modules
- MCU preloaded with sample keyboard wedge application
- An optional Bluetooth plug-in module (sold separately)
- Software toolkit and SDK (downloadable)
- Reference design files including schematics, layout files, Gerber files, bill of material, component data sheets (downloadable)
"ThingMagic is a valued technology partner of MEPS Real-Time. The introduction of the ThingMagic Mercury xPRESS Platform provides our Engineering and Marketing departments with the opportunity to offer new and innovative solutions through our Intelliguard product line," said Shariq Hussain, president and CEO, MEPS Real-Time, Inc. "We see growth in the healthcare industry that will require smaller, faster and more capable RFID technology. With the Mercury xPRESS Platform, combined with our intellectual property, we are positioned to bring solutions to our customers that deliver world class performance and capabilities."
The Mercury xPRESS Platform represents an alternative to using expensive general purpose readers in RFID solution designs. Lack of time, skills or resources to develop application specific readers can be much less of a barrier, resulting in unit cost savings, deployments with a stronger ROI and an overall positive bottom line impact in many deployments.
To support ongoing innovation, the integrated development tools, device drivers and application software of the Mercury xPRESS Platform may be enhanced with updates that expand capabilities and enable development of a wider range of end products. In this release, the xPRESS Platform supports USB and Bluetooth transport interface applications. Support for Wi-Fi, POE and other interfaces such as GPRS, GPS, 4G/LTE may be included in future releases at Trimble's discretion. Mercury xPRESS is also designed to support a library of sample applications. A native keyboard wedge is available today while other sample applications may be included in future releases.