Innovation, economic recovery drive F-Series sales
Ford F-Series sales in key markets leading the country's economic turnaround – including the Northwest, West and Southeast – are outpacing the nearest competitor by 50 percent. F-Series innovations such as EcoBoost® fuel-saving engine technology and the MyFord Touch® connectivity system are helping Ford expand its truck leadership.
Ford's new F-150 STX value model is targeted at customers hit hard by the economic downturn but returning to work in the housing, energy and other markets that are seeing strong growth. STX sales quickly increased to 10 percent of all F-150 sales in 2013 from 3 percent in 2012. At the other end of the market, a segment Ford pioneered a decade ago, high-end F-Series trucks now lead with more than 50 percent share.
Western housing, tech growthF-Series is outselling its nearest competitor by more than 65 percent in western markets, where California is experiencing rapid real estate growth and the technology industry is making Oregon and Washington two of the country's fastest-growing states.
- From 2008 to 2013, California has sold more F-Series vehicles than any other state except Texas
- Fuel economy resonates more in the West; 45 percent of customers in northwestern states order EcoBoost compared to the 38 percent average
- MyFord Touch was added to F-150 in 2012, and resonates particularly well in the Northwest
- From 2008 to 2013, F-Series sales grew 156.8 percent in North Dakota – the company's fastest-growing state by percentage – quadrupling the growth of No. 2, Texas. Montana is No. 3 at 121 percent and South Dakota is No. 4 at 112.5 percent
- Natural gas-powered Ford vehicle sales expected to rise 25 percent this year
- The energy sector, along with housing, is driving F-Series sales in the traditionally strong Texas market, with growth of 27 percent since 2008, to 500,000 trucks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV