DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 19, 2013
- Ford F-Series sales have now surpassed 645,316 units, the total number of trucks sold in 2012; this year on average, one F-Series pickup sells every 42 seconds
- F-Series is on track to be the best-selling vehicle in the United States for 32 straight years, and the best-selling truck for 37 straight years
- Ford continues to outpace the competition, growing sales gap over the Chevrolet Silverado and Ram 1500
Ford F-Series marked an important milestone today, with calendar year-to-date sales already surpassing full-year 2012 truck sales. F-Series sales have now exceeded 645,316 trucks, and are on pace to set the highest yearly sales total since 2006.
In October, F-Series sales of 63,803 trucks were up 13 percent, the sixth-straight month above the 60,000-vehicle mark. The last time Ford sold more than 60,000 trucks for six consecutive months was 2006."If our truck business continues at this rate through the end of the year, we will reach 60,000 F-Series sales for eight straight months, putting us on par with 2006, before the economic downturn," said Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst. F-Series continues to outpace the segment, even as key competitors have launched new products, according to Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. "Through October, our leadership margin is nearly 220,000 units over Chevrolet Silverado and 67,000 over Silverado and GMC Sierra combined," said Scott. "F-Series has outsold Ram by more than 330,000 units in the first 10 months of 2013, almost 50,000 more trucks than the gap a year ago. "Despite new entries from our competitors, truck consumers continue to vote us No. 1 – day in and day out – with their checkbooks," said Scott. "In 2013, F-Series had the highest owner loyalty, and we've won the R.L. Polk Automotive Loyalty award in the mid- and full-size pickup category 15 times in the last 17 years."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts