BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Holiday shoppers don't have to wait until Black Friday to start shopping for deals at Walmart. At 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, Walmart will kick off a pre-Black Friday savings event in stores and online, lowering the prices on popular toys and electronics, to match select Black Friday offers from Target, Toys R' Us and Best Buy one week early.
Beginning today, the retailer also extends its Christmas Ad Match* to Walmart.com customers. Customers who purchase an item on Walmart.com, and find a lower price in a local brick and mortar competitor, can email email@example.com and receive the difference on a gift card. The same policy is in place for customers at Walmart stores for items purchased Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
"Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S. "With six fewer days from Thanksgiving to Christmas, the retail environment is more competitive than ever. Every opportunity to get a great deal – whether this weekend, on Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday weekend – matters for our customers. When it comes to price, we're going to deliver for them."
Examples of toys and electronics that are part of Walmart's pre-Black Friday saving event, while supplies last, include:
- LeapPad 2 – WAS: $79, NEW PRICE: $39.99
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – WAS: $49.87, NEW PRICE: $34.99
- Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – WAS: $19.88, NEW PRICE: $11.99
- Monopoly Board Game – WAS: $7.77, NEW PRICE: $5
- Hot Wheels Single Car – WAS: .97 cents, NEW PRICE: .60 cents
- LG 50-inch HDTV – WAS: $598, NEW PRICE: $448
- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37
- Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts