In response to recent tornadoes and inclement weather across the Midwest, Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts and will also collect monetary donations at its more than 11,000 retail locations to further provide aid.
“Our thoughts go out to all those affected from yesterday’s inclement weather,” said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General’s chairman and CEO. “In keeping with Dollar General’s mission of Serving Others , we proudly support the efforts of the American Red Cross and are committed to helping the Midwest communities rebuild and recover.”
This donation will assist the Red Cross in providing food, shelter and supplies to all those affected by these storms. On Sunday evening, 12 Red Cross shelters were open in Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. Workers are also providing help to people in Kentucky and Michigan whose homes were affected.
As roads reopen, Red Cross emergency vehicles will hand out meals, snacks and relief supplies in affected communities. Emergency aid stations are open in some areas where people can get food and snacks, mental health and health care services, and information about what help is available. Damage assessment teams are also helping to determine the full scope of the destruction left behind by the tornadoes. This has been a deadly and devastating storm, and Red Cross disaster mental health workers are available to help people cope with the aftermath. Health workers are also available to help people replace things like lost medications and eyeglasses.“The Red Cross is on the ground providing critical support to those affected by the Midwest tornadoes,” said Neal Litvack, chief development officer at the American Red Cross. “Thanks to the help of donors, such as Dollar General, we’re able to respond to the needs of tornado survivors in a moment’s notice.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV