Funds With Benefits: ETFs That Track A Major Index For You
ETFs hedge some of the risk of investing in single stocks, and they provide an often easier way to capitalize off of trends that you don't necessarily know much about. For instance, someone without industry expertise could buy an ETF that traded oil and gas stocks, and perhaps feel more confident that their investment will grow, assuming they were right about oil in the first place.
So do you see investing opportunities in these ETFs that track a major index? Use the list below to begin your own analysis.
1. iShares Core S&P 500 (
IVV): Seeks to track the investment results of an index composed of large-capitalization U.S. equities. Market cap at $23.70B, most recent closing price at $180.35.
3. iShares Russell 1000 ETF ( IWB): Seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Russell 1000 Index. Market cap at $8.40B, most recent closing price at $100.14.
4. iShares Russell 2000 ETF ( IWM): Seeks to provide a high level of current income while preserving assets and maintaining liquidity and investment quality. Market cap at $23.7B, most recent closing price at $110.40.
5. iShares Russell 3000 ( IWV): A capitalization-weighted index of the largest public companies domiciled in the US and its territories. Market cap at $5.0B, most recent closing price at $107.36.
6. PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 ( QQQ): Seeks to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq-100 Index. Market cap at $41.3B, most recent closing price at $83.80.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts