Unusual Social Activity Today Around Baxter International (BAX)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Baxter International (BAX) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Baxter International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BAX has 10x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.57 mentions/day.
- BAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $252.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BAX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BAX: Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets products for people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. BAX has a PE ratio of 17.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Baxter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for Baxter International has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baxter International has a market cap of $36.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.69 days to cover. Shares are up 1.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Baxter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $966.00 million or 20.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -58.50%.
- The gross profit margin for BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.45%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.41% trails the industry average.
- BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC's earnings per share declined by 6.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.18 versus $3.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.66 versus $4.18).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 6.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $583.00 million to $544.00 million.
- You can view the full Baxter International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV