CINCINNATI, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Many families in need will have fresh, wholesome food and clothing, shelter and social services this holiday season thanks to The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) customers and associates who shop and work at its family of stores.
"Kroger has a proud history of investing in our communities and a rich tradition of bringing help and hope for the holidays," said Lynn Marmer, Kroger's group vice president of corporate affairs. "In keeping with that tradition, we are making it easy for our customers and associates to support their local food banks and The Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign in our family of stores this holiday season."
Feeding Hungry Neighbors
As a founding partner of Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger agency, Kroger has been engaged in the hunger relief effort for more than 30 years. Today, the Kroger family of stores has longstanding relationships with more than 80 local food banks. This holiday season, customers can help, too, thanks to a variety of simple donation opportunities.
- Making a financial donation to a local food bank is as easy as scanning a pre-marked tag at registers, asking the cashier to 'round up' a grocery order, or place spare change in specially-marked coin boxes at Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Baker's, Gerbes, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, QFC, Ralphs, and Smith's stores.
- Major food drives will be held at many Kroger stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; Fred Meyer stores in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington; and in City Market, Dillons, Baker's, Gerbes, King Soopers and Smith's stores.
- Pre-filled bags and boxes of nutritious food can be purchased and added to collection barrels at Kroger stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; and QFC stores in Oregon and Washington.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts